Janine Gydus, M.S.
Areas of Practice
Janine Gydus is a regulatory and scientific consultant to the pesticide industry. Ms. Gydus has a master of science degree in entomology with 16 years of pesticide regulatory experience in addition to 7 years working as an entomologist. She supports global pesticide registrants by handling regulatory compliance and scientific projects related to federal and state pesticide registrations, product development and enforcement matters. She is also experienced in auditing registration and label compliance.
Ms. Gydus communicates with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and state regulatory officials on a regular basis to discuss registration options, regulatory procedures, and status of pending applications. She is particularly well-versed in regulatory compliance of pesticide labels under Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), ensuring a pesticide registrant complies with federal and state regulations.
As an entomologist, Ms. Gydus worked on studies to test insecticide and biological control applications in commercial greenhouses, vegetable, field crops, and structures. She worked as on a city-wide termite control project and worked with U.S. Army in medical entomology. Also, she was an entomologist for a commercial pest control company and managed IPM programs for federal government contracts and trained pest control operators on the safe use and handling of pesticides.
Representative Client Work
- Assist clients in the commercialization of new pesticide and biocide products, including creation of product labels, development of data needed for registration, preparation and submission of registration packages and obtaining federal and state registrations
- Extensive experience in creating and editing generic pesticide product labels to make them sufficiently distinctive to minimize the risk of copyright challenges
- Assisted in conducting an in-house due diligence for a major registrant of consumer pesticide products subjected to multiple nationwide stop sale orders
- Conducted a comprehensive audit under an administrative enforcement order of all pesticide regulatory documents at a major home and garden registrant to certify compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements
- Experience in preparation of product labeling of minimum-risk pesticides (exempted from FIFRA registration) and preparation of state registration applications
M.S., Entomology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
B.S., Entomology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Polizzi, J.M. and B.T. Forschler. 1999. Journal of Agricultural and Urban Entomology. Feeding Preferences of Reticulitermes (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae) to Bait Stations with Previous Termite Damage. 16(3):197-205.
Polizzi, J.M. and B.T. Forschler. 1999. Journal of Insect Behavior. Factors that Affect Aggression Among the Worker Caste of Reticulitermes spp. Subterranean Termites (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae). 12(2):133-146.
Polizzi, J.M. and B.T. Forschler. 1998. Insectes Sociaux. Intra- and Interspecific Agonism in Reticulitermes flavipesand R. virginicus and Effects of Arena and Group Size in Laboratory Assays. 45(1):43-49.
Polizzi, J.M. University of Georgia. Kin recognition and Agonism in Reticulitermes spp. (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae) of Georgia. M.S. Thesis.